An Accountable Miami-Dade came together under the bipartisan leadership of Monica Russo, President of SEIU Florida Council, and Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera, Republican former Vice-Mayor of Doral and former Florida President of League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC).
A diverse, bipartisan Advisory Committee assists them, chaired by Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine and including local grassroots leaders, elected officials, labor and business leaders, acting as a voice for the importance of reducing the power of money in Miami-Dade politics. See below for a full list of Advisory Committee members.
Accountable Miami-Dade Co-Chairs
- Monica Russo, Executive Vice President at 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East and President of SEIU Florida Council.
- Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera, Former Vice-Mayor of Doral (R), former Florida President of League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), radio and television on-air analyst, lecturer, businesswoman, and founder of the Women Empowering Leadership Certification Program at Miami-Dade College.
Advisory Board Chair
- Philip Levine, Mayor of Miami Beach (D) and entrepreneur.
Advisory Board Members
- Marlon Hill, past president of the Caribbean Bar Association (2001-2003), former Vice Chair of The Miami Foundation, and a board member of the Orange Bowl Committee, Miami Book Fair International, and Good Government Initiative. Mr. Hill was one of the Inaugural Fellows in the Miami Foundation’s Miami Fellows Initiative; a model of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation National Leadership Program.
- Maribel Balbin, President League of Women Voters of Miami-Dade and Vice President League of Women Voters of Florida, former chair of the Miami Dade County Commission for Women, and a special projects administrator with Miami-Dade County.
- Gihan Perera, Executive Director of the New Florida Majority.
- Sara Yousuf, Chair Engage Miami, Miami-Dade Public Defender’s office, and co-founder of Sweat Records and Emerge Miami.
- Ed MacDougall, Former Mayor of Cutler Bay (R), Chair of the Trump for Miami-Dade Campaign Committee, Vietnam veteran, former Special Forces Green Beret (Airborne), and former Miami-Dade Police Sergeant.
- Ken Russell, City of Miami Commissioner and Vice-Chairman and businessman.
- Juan Cuba, Executive Director of Miami-Dade Democratic Party.
- Cindy Lerner, Mayor of Pinecrest (D), attorney, leader at the National League of Cities, former president of the Miami-Dade County League of Cities, National Board Chair of Democratic Municipal Officials, and Vice Chair of Miami-Dade’s 21st Century Schools Bond Advisory Committee.